- This event has passed.
Virtual Puppy Socialization Class: Leash Etiquette & Proper Equipment
June 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
This week’s topic is: Leash Etiquette & Proper Equipment.
Some Questions to Think About…
- How do I choose the proper equipment for my pup, both for walking and while at home?
- How do I desensitize my pup to accepting and wearing this equipment?
- How do I let my puppy safely meet another puppy or adult dog?
- How do I know if the dog that is approaching us is friendly or a good option for socializing?
- What do I do if the interaction goes poorly?
- What do I do if I feel anxiety or fear about letting my new puppy say hi to other dogs?
There is a lot that goes into teaching your pup the necessary skills for socializing ON LEASH, especially in these current times of minimal social contact. We will give tips and tricks on how to execute a proper, “short & sweet, meet & greet.” We will also discuss how to have successful interactions while social distancing, and the markers of canine body language to be aware of when dogs are socializing with each other. All of this adds up to, “on-leash etiquette” which is a crucial part of any puppy’s socialization process.
Kate will also be taking questions and doing a live demonstration featuring our favorite and recommended gear and equipment.
- All participants will receive a corresponding lesson plan.
- This class will be held through Zoom. Please visit our Online Classes page to register: CLICK HERE.
- Once you have submitted the registration form, our office will be in contact to set up payment.
- You must be registered by 4pm on class day in order to receive the Zoom link.
- All online classes are $35/class.
- A 4-pack of Puppy Socialization classes is $120 ($20 savings)
All class times are EDT. Please be aware of your timezone.