For puppies 8-18 weeks
Puppy parents will join us for hands on training with our team, as their puppies learn how to play and socialize appropriately with older teaching dogs to help act as role models.
Your dog MUST be under 14 weeks for your first scheduled class, and no older than 18 weeks for your last scheduled class!
Our socialization and training classes are veterinarian recommended and approved!
4 Repeating Class Topics
- Housetraining: Demystifying the process and setting you up for success
- Nipping & Inappropriate Chewing: Prevention, solutions, tips & tricks
- Separation Anxiety & Unwanted Barking: Prevention, solutions, tips & tricks
- Leash Etiquette & Proper Equipment: The basics of leash walking, selecting the best equipment for your puppy, curbing and extinguishing jumping, shaping on-leash manners, “Short & Sweet, Meet & Greets”
Additional Class Elements and Notes
- “Pay Attention” Commands & Basic Foundational Training
- Trainer Supervised Play & Socialization (all breeds & sizes!)
- NYC Sound Desensitization (traffic, weather, household sounds)
- Inanimate Object Exposure (skateboards, hula hoops, & more!)
- Canine Communication Signals & Body Language
- Handling & Grooming Practice
- Small Class Sizes! Lots of individual attention for you and your pup!
Puppy Socialization Class Details
- Where: Pet Central, 55 West 16th St. (off 6th Ave)
- When: Wednesdays (ongoing)
- See Class Registration Form for available dates
- Time: 7:15pm-8:30pm
- Cost: $50/class
- NO packages available for puppy classes at this time
NOTE ABOUT VACCINATIONS & SOCIALIZATION
If you have concerns about vaccinations and socialization, please click HERE for the official position statement from the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior.